Dr. Weyrauch No. 10 Wellness
Basic herbal mixture
Features & Advantages
- With sodium bicarbonate
- Use after tough competition days or on long distance rides
- Ideal for silage feeding
Item no.: WEY-Pferd-10.1 , Content: 600 g, EAN: 4260614540408
The No. 10 Wellness is based on a mixture of a base-forming salt with a special herbal and spice preparation (including sage, chervil, basil, fennel, anise, turmeric, parsley, rose hips) that naturally supplement acid-rich feed. The herbal mixture is recommended after hard tournament days, long distance rides or use during diets and silage feeding. It can also be used for severe muscle tension, long-lasting inflammation or for sweet itch.
What is physical acidity?
Stress, dehydration on hot days combined with physical exertion, imbalanced feed with too much grain and too little roughage or silage feed can lead to a lack of bases forming in the body, especially sodium bicarbonate. This means that the organism is no longer able to specifically break down acids that are created or supplied through metabolism, which can cause longterm health issues. Typical signs of acidification can be joint problems, tense muscles, inflammation and unwillingness to perform. The hooves can become particularly sensitive, which can lead to laminitis. Joint blockages due to inelastic connective tissue or tense muscles can occur again and again. Outer signs of over acidity can be gauntness or chubbiness, or a noticeably tense personality.
Why pH shifts slow down the metabolism
- The centre for energy generation lies in the mitochondria, the so-called energy power plants of the cells. These so-called organelles ("organs of the cell") are like a universe in a universe. Here, ATP (adenosine triphosphate) is obtained from ADP (adenosine diphosphate) through the conversion of energy-providing nutrients (fat, carbohydrates, protein). ATP is then enzymatically converted to ADP when there is a need for energy. However, this process can only work smoothly at a certain pH value (Schneider, PO 2010). Acidification slows down this energy release, blocking the metabolism from functioning well.
How acids are neutralised in the body
- Sodium bicarbonate is an endogenous salt that is formed from sodium chloride (table salt) and water when food is stored (especially when your horse has plenty of hay and straw). At the same time, hydrochloric acid is generated, which is needed in the stomach for acidification and disinfection. Due to its molecular structure, sodium bicarbonate is able to trap protons in the body in order to neutralise excess acids. Uric and lactic acid are often found in excess in the muscles. Even more aggressive acids like sulfuric and phosphoric acid can be formed in the metabolism and digestion, which - buffered as salts - can be deposited in the joints and have a disruptive effect.
What to change about your horse's feed in cases of over-acidification
Over-acidified horses should be fed low-starch and low-protein, but fibre-rich diets. Raw fibre in the form of high-quality hay and straw is preferred in all cases. Silage is strongly discouraged as the silage itself is an acidic feed (pH 3.5 to 5.3). Feeding your horses oils is considered neutral. It makes sense to moderate your horse's grain intake in favour of raw fibre-rich pellets, müsli feed or hay pellets.
Quick help thanks to rapid availability
- The herbal No. 10 Wellness contains sodium bicarbonate embedded in a base of selected, special base-forming herbs. This means that the natural deacidification process can be initiated purely nutritionally and within a few hours.
- Feed 15 to 30 g daily (1 to 2 measuring spoons full)
- Doping: wait 48-hours before competitions.
|Animal Feed:||Supplementary Feed for Horses|
- Sodium hydrogen carbonate
- Dried herbs
- Rose hips
- Red Beets
|Crude protein||5 %|
|Crude fat||2 %|
|Crude fibre||17 %|
|Raw ash||15 %|
Questions & Answers about Dr. Weyrauch No. 10 Wellness
English reviews written for Dr. Weyrauch No. 10 Wellness
1 customer review in all languages
We do not have any reviews in English yet, but we do have 1 reviews available in another language.
- No reviews available